You have experience in Overland with focus on tender processes and negotiations? Then join our Overland team and become a part of Kühne + Nagel.
At Kühne + Nagel you will find a diverse job environment with all the different aspects that a global forwarding and logistic company can provide. Become part of our team and support us in our Overland department.With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kühne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
- Execute purchasing initiatives together with the purchasing responsible in other countries and the corporate/regional Overland team
- Follow and update the tender strategy for KN
- Lead tender process
- Prepare negotiations with carriers in coordination with the responsible carrier manager and support our shared service centre team to set up and run tender processes
- Evaluate data from recent tenders and share results with the operations team (benchmarking)
- Support and drive implementation of tender results and concluding contracts in alignment with the carrier manager
- Develop, implement and support new purchasing tools and take over a product owner role (e.g. supplier management tool, integration of RoadLOG,…)
- Set up and lead internal benchmarking initiatives and provide market intelligence
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Working experience in European road logistics industry
- Knowledge of e-tender processes in transport industry
- Fluency in English and German
- Drive to get things done
- Pragmatic and creative mind-set; feeling for practical approaches
- Profit-oriented mind-set and excellent analytical capabilities
- Very good interpersonal skills to manage a variety of stakeholders in other countries/sites successfully; capability to communicate on various levels
- Willingness to travel
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN
We want you to feel comfortable in your working surroundings. Therefore, we are offering you modern offices in the announced Hamburg HafenCity directly adjacent to the Elbe, flexible working hours, a subsidized job ticket for the public transportations as well as a canteen with a broad range of menus. Kühne + Nagel is offering you a custom-made career – through individual planning and supervisors who support and advice you in every way. Personally, you get supported by a lot of work-life-balance offerings, a company pension and a supplementary health insurance.