Your Job Offer at Elia Group (Elia and 50Hertz)
Data Architect in the context of energy system transformation (f/m/d)
Place of work: Neuenhagen (near Berlin)
Permanent Contract | Full-time (37 hours per week)
Published: 17.03.2020 | Job ID: 1591 | Please apply by: 07.06.2020
50Hertz Transmission GmbH, Neuenhagen (near Berlin)
50Hertz is one of the four transmission system operators in Germany. We transport electricity at the highest voltage level. The company's round about thousand employees are creating something that until recently many people thought was impossible: Promote energy system transformation at high speed while maintaining security of supply. Our Transmission Control Center controls the electricity transport in the 50Hertz grid.
For this purpose technical systems and data structures are in use that have to be adapted to new requirements and further developed according to the current framework conditions. In this context, we are offering you the above-mentioned permanent position at our site Neuenhagen (near Berlin) as soon as possible.
Design and develop the data architecture for the processes managed in the Transmission Control Center.
With analytical strength and solution-oriented thinking, you tackle your diverse tasks:
- Design or further development of the data architecture and the corresponding data strategy within the system management,
- Definition and visualization of the relevant data storage, data exchange and data usage principles and frameworks,
- Ensuring the data lifecycle from requirements to modeling and operation, so that the processes of system management are optimally supported and all compliance requirements (especially those for IT security / ISMS) are met,
- Leading of data architecture projects and support in other projects,
- Definition and control of the data governance and data governance framework,
- Driving innovation for data-centric architectures.
In addition to your specialist knowledge, your committed communication and team competence will help you. It is not only knowledge and experience that makes your success, but the way you manage decision making processes und implement new ideas in the organization.
Your competence profile
- Very good knowledge of data modelling and data architectures as well as the handling of data lakes, data marts, ETL processes and APIs,
- Good knowledge with various data modelling tools and generally a good overview of the current IT technology situation,
- Profound knowledge in the energy industry context, preferably in processes of system management for electricity grids,
- Several years of project experience in various roles in the "data environment",
- Knowledge in the use of Big Data, artificial intelligence and machine learning is an advantage,
- Good knowledge of data modelling, database management systems and information management,
- Very good written and spoken German and English language skills (B2).
What this place offers you
Flexi Compass – see how flexible this vacancy is
- Become part of the energy turnaround and face this meaningful challenge,
- Design new processes and systems and break new ground,
- You can expect a comprehensive induction period and individual training opportunities,
- A modern working environment in the city centre (directly at the main station),
- 30 days holiday,
- A company restaurant ,
- Free beverages (coffee, cocoa, tea, water),
- A company Kindergarten and a parent & child office for short-term care bottlenecks,
- Company pension scheme,
- An award-winning employer: "The best employers for women" - grade: very good (Brigitte, 2019); "Germany's best jobs with future prospects" (Focus, 2019); "Germany's Best Employer - High Attractiveness" (Die Welt, 2019); "Germany's Best Apprenticeship 2019" (Capital, 2019),
- … for more details visit our career Website.
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
Your applicationWould you like to know more?
We have adapted our recruiting process according to the current situation (Corona pandemic) and we are conducting all upcoming job interviews in the form of telephone and video interviews.
We are therefore looking forward to your application in English (including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Please apply until 07.06.2020 exclusively via our application form here.
For example, what is it like to work in our team?
Or do you have technical questions about the job?
Then write to Dr. Björn Möller, Head of Digital Transformation: Bjoern.Moeller@50hertz.com (this way you can reach him easier than on the phone). Please refer to job ID 1591 in the e-mail subject.
50Hertz gives people with disabilities a chance.
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – part of the European Elia Group
Human Resources, Nadine Koban, phone: +49 30 5150 2064
About 50Hertz Transmission GmbH